A Bash component has optional properties for users to input. These properties will be available in the configuration scripts as the environment variables:
- COMPONENT_VERSION: to input a version number (e.g.,
- PROTOCOL: to input a protocol (e.g.,
- PORT: to input a port (e.g.,
Users can define additional environment variables using the env property.
The env property is a map of string values. In this example, we add an entry in the map with key
FOO and value
Then we can access the variable in the configuration script as:
In addition, the operation configure and stop of the script component have the following environment variables by default:
- NODE: set to the node name of the component (e.g.,
- HOST: set to the name of the compute node, which the component is hosted on (e.g.,
- ip_address: set to the runtime IP address of the compute node, which hosts this component.